There are loads of recipes for Tofu Scramble and this one is my favourite. It’s easy, filling and comforting. Simply delicious!
An easy and fabulous high-protein replacement for scrambled eggs. Great anytime of the day!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic or 1/4 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 450g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan or in a large wok
- Add the garlic and chopped onion and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile drain the tofu from the packet and crumble into tiny pieces
- When the onion is cooked, add the tofu to the pan and stir to combine
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, turmeric and black pepper and stir thoroughly so the tofu takes on a lovely yellow colour
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, adding splashes of water or stock to the mixture until you get the consistency you like
- Enjoy on toast, in wraps, with beans or whatever else takes your vegan fancy 🙂
Leftover tofu scramble is great stuffed into pitta bread for lunch - and you could add some chili flakes, avocado and salsa for a feast! Share the Love on Social Media - Pin this easy vegan recipe on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram and tag me in!