After many trials and errors, this is the way I cook brown rice. It works for me every time and I hope you find it easy too. I add three cardamom pods to the water to add a lovely light flavour. Yummy served with my Channa Masala, Red Lentil Dhal and Naan.
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 2 cups boiled water from the kettle
- 3 cardamom pods optional
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and then place in a small saucepan
- Pour 2 cups of hot water over the top
- Add 3 cardamom pods
- Put the lid on the saucepan and turn up the heat. Once the water boils, turn the heat down to a low simmer
- Leave to cook for about 20 minutes - do not stir but keep checking that the water hasn't run dry. Once the rice is cooked leave the lid on and let it stand to allow the last of the water to evaporate.
- The cardamom pods should be at the top of the rice - pick them out before serving.